All real estate licenses are not the same. Only real estate licenses who are members of the National Association of REALTORS® are properly called REALTORS®. They proudly display the REALTOR “®” logo on their business cards or other marketing and sales literature. REALTORS® are committed to treat all parties to a transaction honestly. REALTORS® subscribe to a strict code of ethics and are expected to maintain a higher level of knowledge of the process of buying and selling real estate.
Here are some reasons why you should consider using a REALTOR®:
1. Your REALTOR® can help you determine your buying power.
2. Your REALTOR® has many resources to assist you in your home search.
3. Your REALTOR® can assist you in the selection process by providing objective information about each property. Agents who are REALTORS® have access to a variety of informational resources.
4. Your REALTOR® can help you negotiate. There are a number of negotiating factors, including but not limited to price, financing, terms, date of possession and often the inclusion or exclusion of repairs.
5. Your REALTOR® provides due diligence during the evaluation of the property.
6. Your REALTOR® can help you in understanding the different financing options and identifying qualified lenders.
When buying or selling real estate, look for an agent who proudly displays the REALTOR “®” logo.