Don’t miss out of this affordable priced property that offers top-of-the-line amenities. Check-out the video:
Follow these tips to make the most of your home’s appraisal:
- Provide the appraiser with a list of recent improvements and extras that may add to the value.
- Make sure that your home is clean and uncluttered.
- Mow the yard, trim the shurbs and mulch the flower beds.
- Take care of any repair issues.
- Make sure that the appraiser has easy access to all areas of the home and be available to answer questions.
Visit www.TopofKnox.com to learn more.
The REALTORS®’ Code of Ethics was established in 1913 by the National Association of REALTORS®. It’s a set of rules that were established to raise the standards of professionalism and service in the real estate industry. The rules are divided into three areas: 1) a broker’s duties to his clients, 2) a broker’s duties to his fellow brokers and 3) a broker’s duties to the public. The current Code of Ethics contains seventeen articles.
Over its one hundred year history, the Code of Ethics has been amended and revised to keep up with the changing times. Local REALTOR® Associations are charged with enforcing the Code of Ethics and handing down punishment to those found to be in violation of one or more of the articles.
To keep REALTORS® up to date on the Code of Ethics, the National Association of REALTORS® requires all REALTORS® to take a training course on the subject every four years.
In recognition and appreciation of their obligations to clients, customers, the public, and each other, REALTORS® continuously strive to become and remain informed on issues affecting real estate and, as knowledgeable professionals, they willingly share the fruit of their experience and study with others.
Source: National Association of REALTORS®
In addition to being a poor investment, these projects will often hurt the future sale of your home:
- Turning a bedroom into another type of space
- Installing an above ground pool
- Not keeping paint colors neutral
- Installing a hot tub
- Creating themed children’s bedrooms
When making changes or improvements to your home, always ask the question; how will this affect my home’s value and marketability when it’s time to sell?