Fall colors are just around the corner. Here’s a peek at what East Tennessee and the Great Smoky Mountains National Park had to offer in 2013. This year is forecast to be even better.
According to the U.S. Commerce Department 569,000 new single-family homes were completed in 2013. The average size was 2,598 square feet. Most had at least a two car garage and central air conditioning.
Here are some of the more common features:
91% – Air conditioning
61% – Heating system powered by gas
59% – Forced air furnace
53% – 2+ stories
44% – 4+ bedrooms
33% – 3+ bedrooms
29% – Full or partial basement
Follow these tips to make the most of your home’s appraisal:
- Provide the appraiser with a list of recent improvements and extras that may add to the value.
- Make sure that your home is clean and uncluttered.
- Mow the yard, trim the shurbs and mulch the flower beds.
- Take care of any repair issues.
- Make sure that the appraiser has easy access to all areas of the home and be available to answer questions.